This article contains opinions and/or editorial content.
If you’ve signed up for the Sunday Edition 1Enter your e-mail address in the form at the top of the left sidebar (if you’re reading this on computer), and you can get all the stories from the week delivered to your inbox on Sunday morning., you may have noticed that you didn’t get an e-mail this week.
That’s because I chose to take the holiday weekend off.
I needed some time away from the news. Away from writing it, away from reading it, and away from dealing with it.
This past weekend I was thankful for time with my mother (and all the leftovers she gave me). I was thankful for time with a very good friend. And I was thankful for the opportunity to step back, relax, and be thankful for what I have.
That being said, things are still happening–and I’ll be spending the week catching up.
- Downtown Lodi is doing a City Lights display to make up for not being able to have the Christmas parade
- Santa has to socially distance, but he sent us a special mailbox–faithfully guarded by the Lodi Police–to send him letters.
- There are two new businesses coming to downtown Lodi, and I’ll be asking them to talk to us
- The new COVID numbers are out for Columbia County
- Patti Herman has two new columns on the Ice Age Trail (because I didn’t publish the one from last week)
- The Chamber of Commerce is doing a “decoration scavenger hunt”.
- I’ll be getting my butt in gear and writing another Civics 101 article on the Fifth Amendment
- Mayor Ann Groves Lloyd has a new episode of “The View from 202” on Wednesday (view it live or later on the Valley Stream)
- And the Dollar Store was robbed
That’s just what I have on my white board as of tonight (Monday). There’s bound to be more.
A Lodi native, Blaze attended the University of Wisconsin, Green Bay where he graduated with a degree in theatre technology & design. He has traveled extensively throughout the United States and the world–including a 6-year stint in China. He has been a teacher, a writer, a designer, and is the founder of the Redleaf Consulting Group.
|↑1||Enter your e-mail address in the form at the top of the left sidebar (if you’re reading this on computer), and you can get all the stories from the week delivered to your inbox on Sunday morning.|